Printable PDF: Service Unit Calendar For The Year 2017-2018
A typical calendar year for Service Unit 245 includes:
- 3rd Monday of each month during the school year: Volunteer Meetings (September, October, November, January, February, March, April, May)
- September – Fall Product Sale
- September/October/November – Founders Day
- October/November – Fall Encamporee &/or Paula Bunyan
- December – 1st Monday is Volunteer Mtg/Holiday Dinner
- January – Cookie Training for Leaders & Cookie Managers, Cookie Pre-Sale and Women’s Retreat
- January/February – Cookie Rally and Pinewood Derby
- February – Council Annual Meeting, Thinking Day, Cookie Warehouse
- March – Cookie Sale
- Spring – Spring Encamporee
- May – Cascade Challenge & Bridging
- July – Community Camp
- August – Twilight Camp
Special Days in Girl Scouting—All Year Long!
- Juliette Gordon Low‘s birthday or Founder’s Day, October 31, marks the birth in 1860 of Girl Scouts of the USA founder Juliette Gordon Low in Savannah, Georgia.
- World Thinking Day, February 22, celebrates the birthdays of Girl Guide/Girl Scout founder Robert, Lord Baden-Powell (1857–1941) and World Chief Guide Olave, Lady Baden-Powell (1889–1977). The day is also a time to donate funds to the Juliette Low World Friendship Fund.
- Girl Scouts’ birthday, March 12,commemorates the day in 1912 when Juliette Gordon Low officially registered the organization’s first 18 girl members in Savannah, Georgia.
- Girl Scout Week is celebrated each March,starting with Girl Scout Sunday and ending with Girl Scout Sabbath on a Saturday, and it always includes Girl Scouts’ birthday, March 12.
- Girl Scout Sunday and Girl Scout Sabbathgive girls an opportunity to attend their place of worship and be recognized as a Girl Scout.
- Girl Scout Leader’s Day, April 22, honors all the volunteers who work as leaders and mentors in partnership with girls. On this day, girls, their families, and communities find special ways to thank their adult Girl Scout volunteers.