Hello Girl Scout Leaders/Advisors/Volunteers:
We are excited to announce Cascade Challenge 2016, hosted by SU 245 of Edmonds, Lynnwood, open to all in GSWW Council.
Cascade Challenge is a primitive tent camping/outdoor skills competition weekend for Cadettes (6th-8th Grade) and Senior/Ambassador (9-12th Grade) Girl Scouts in Girl Scouts of Western Washington Council. Register as a troop or form your own Cascade Challenge group with girls from multiple troops or IRMs.
May 13-15, 2016 at Fire Mountain BSA Scout Camp, Mt. Vernon, WA
Cascade Challenges this year are:
All challenges include the respective GSWW Volunteer Essential points.
- Hiking & Map/Compass– With your ten essentials packed, navigate your way thru the woods.
- Team Dynamics– Your positive & cooperative teamwork skills will lead you to success
- . Animal Awareness-Chipmunks, cougars, bears & more-know their tracks & scat, what to do if you see a mighty critter, and how to properly store your food.
- First Aid-Beyond the basic band-aid, show us your trail side skills.
- Campsite Maintenance– Demonstrate how well you establish & keep a ‘good’ campsite.
- Challenge Dinner– Prepare a creative & nutritious dinner with surprise ingredients (revealed to only the Cadette troops upon arrival Friday). All prep & cooking is done without leaders present.
- New for Senior/Ambassadors: Campsite Setup-Show us how well you work together to set up your basic campsite on Friday.
- Leader’s Challenge: Paperwork, letting go, & more. This does not affect the Troop’s score.
- Join us for Year #34 for Challenge. This Friday to Sunday camping opportunity is brought to you by Girl Scout Service Unit 245 and a committee of dedicated volunteers. If your whole Girl Scout troop doesn’t want to go; then get together with another troop or form a group just for this weekend! It only takes 2 scouts and 2 advisors to be a group. IRMs may be matched up with a troop ahead of time.
- Cost of $35 per person includes: Site Fees, Saturday dinner and dessert, event patch, and event awards; all set in a meadow full of fun memories, camaraderie, and lots of fresh air!!
Registration will open Nov. 15th, 2015 and is only accepted by Postal MAIL, it will not be processed before Nov. 15, 2015.
Please note; if you are a mixed program troop including 5th graders—they will need to wait until they are in 6th grades and thus in Cadettes. Do let them train with you of course.
If your troop has moved on to other ‘things’; then please consider joining us as a volunteer judge—-we need about 40 fun folks to help with that. Please contact us at: email@example.com to learn more.
Hope to see you all in May.
Yours in OUTdoor Girl Scouting,
Ellen Dahill Govan
Girl Scout Volunteer
Cascade Challenge Committee Chair
Like us on Facebook
Visit us at www.gscascadechallenge.com
’16 Announcement of Cascade Challenge 2016
’16 Registration for Cascade Challenge 2016